1. I created the first piece just with sharpie. I didn't really struggle I just wasn't that into it. I felt like the girls weren't unique enough. I learned that I need to be more passionate about my work and work hard in order to get good results. I will approach things harder and more motivated. The second piece i drew first and then painted. I struggled with the painting because I wasn't used to painting that way. I've never done a wash over the whole drawing, so that was new to me. I learned to just trust my gut and just paint. I think I over thought things and didn't really end up loving the finished product. I would approach the project goin in with a better idea. I feel like when I started painting I wasn't positive what I was going to do. Overall I think both pieces of art are good but there are a lot of ways I could improve.
2. My artist strengths are that I am good at drawing what I see. I think I AMD good at adding detail and adding a lot of my own twists. I feel like I am good at time management. I am usually able to finish a project in the time fram given which I see as an artist strength. Some of my artist weaknesses are over thinking and second guessing myself. I often over think what I am doing because I'm not sure what the final product is going to look like.I also second guess myself because I don't like who the art looks in the moment but I have to learn how to just keep going and fix it at the end. To improve my art movin forward I want to just make art from my heart that I love in order to do that I need to stop second guessing myself and learn to like critiques.
3. I stuggled with the over all drawing of the vase because it looked flat and didn't have enough shading or detail that would make it look round. I didn't overcome this stuggled because I was unable to understand how to get the vase to be round. If I was given the same assignment I would add more shading and try and add more roundness to the vase. Also I would add more detail so that it would look real.
4. The fish I drew in pencil and then went over with ink is my favorite piece from this semester. It is my favorite because I liked cross hatching also I feel like it looks really and lifelike. I also liked how I accomplished shading with ink. This piece says that I am actually good at art and that with hard work I was able to create this amazing piece. This piece is better than the rest of my art because I took my time and put in a lot of hard work to make it look the way it does. It is "good" because it looks like a fish and has shading and roundness and i like all the lines on the fins. I also like the eyeball and how real it looks. I just like the everything about this piece.
*Pictures are below the questions*
1. I got my inspiration from a picture of Beyonce. I chose Beyonce because I really like her music and I thought the outcome would be nice.
2. I used pencil and then went over specific areas with watercolor paint. I did this because I wanted some areas to pop out.
3. I liked the face as a whole. I thought is looked good and showed emotion. I also like how the lips and eyes popped out over the rest of the art. I also liked the different shades of brown in the hair. I would take more time perfecting everything next time.
How do words hurt or effect people?
This shows how words and feeling effect people's actions and interactions.
I designed this shoe based on the fact that my grandma was born in Jamaica.
story art project.
This drawing is a drawing of an African American women. When I think if my grandmother and her story this is what I drew.
1. Find 4 types of paper and explain the difference.
-Newsprint: commonly used to print newspapers
-Printer paper: Used for printing things
-Drawing paper: Paper designed for drawing, somewhat thick
-Manila: Cheap heavy paper, used for sketches
2.Find 4 types of paint and explain the difference.
-Watercolor: water based
-Oil: slow drying
-Acrylic: fast drying
-Chalk board: used to make chalk board surfaces
3. Find 5 non-paint materials you could use to create a color artwork.
Colored pencils, oil pastels, chalk, crayons, and markers.
4. Find 5 different types of adhesives.
Tap, mod podge, rubber cement, gorilla glue, hot glue.
5. Find 2 items you have no idea what they do and find out what they do
-The art loom: Is a tool used for weaving yarn.
6. Find 5 of any other material not listed above that you could use to make art.
Charcoal pencils, soda cans, pens, canvases, and yarn.
Principles of art- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU2_HXoAzc8
c. Our work comments on the element of modern culture because we are showing the different types of people. We are commenting on how society effect people. The modern culture is dependent on society. And people make up society. So without people there wouldn't be society or culture so we were trying to show how society effects culture. So we were in a way critiquing the people of society.
Over the semester I have really enjoyed having art. It has been amazing and I have learned a lot throughout the semester. I really liked the communication project and the project where we made sculptures. I enjoyed the communication project because I feel like I was able to send a message throughout my art. I loved the message I sent through the art. I liked the time we made sculptures because I felt like we could make anything we wanted and I liked the freedom. Also, I was able to make something I really liked. The only thing I could think of to add to the class would be more information about each media. I felt alittle confused when I first used watercolor, because I didn't know if I was doing it correctly. But, overall I think I learned a lot throughtout the class. Honestly, I think I would take away the fact that we would sometimes draw a sign language hand every morning. I felt like one or two hands would have helped, but drawing a hand every morning wasn't really helping me learn. Overall, I thought the class was an amazing learning experience.
1.How did you develop your ideas for this project?
2. What inspired you to create this project? How did you feel about your final artwork? Why?
I was inspired by the different pieces of art I saw while researching surrealism. I liked the way the art was, and I liked the way the art looked. I saw a lot of different styles to surrealism, and I liked how it was free minded and you could basically do anything. I feel good about my final artwork. I like the way it looked overall. I thought it showed what I wanted it to show. The nature feel and free minded feel of my artwork makes it easy to look at in my opinion.
3. How do you feel about selecting what you work on? Did you like having so much choice? Why or why not?
I like being able to select what I work on. I feel like being able to make art whatever way you want really brings out personality. I personally like being able to pick what I work on because it allows my brain to be free, and I can express myself. Therefore, I like being able to have choice because I feel like the artwork will come out better if the person isn't being told, step, by step what to do.